Friday, January 27, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things-January 27, 2017


It's Friday! Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain!  Tonja Drecker and I are her co-hosts.

I'm excited because I'm almost done with a short story that I plan on submitting.  It's a science fiction story, which I'm more than familiar with writing.  However, it's also a middle grade story.  I've done adult and YA fiction.  Never middle grade.  Unless, of course, you count the stories I wrote when I fit into that age range myself, and those stories were nowhere near publishable.  We'll eventually see whether I've done a good job with this writing challenge or not.

My husband has family coming into town this weekend, so we're going to be doing a lot of visiting.  I'm sure Zoe is going to be popular.

Zoe had her 2 month checkup this week (where has the time gone?), and the doctor was impressed by how healthy she is and how well she's growing.  I'm definitely grateful for that.

What would you like to celebrate?


10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your short story. I'm sure it'll be great. I purchased the Parallels Anthology and loved it. BTW, congrats on Zoe. :) Thanks for always co-hosting. I appreciate you. Have a great weekend and enjoy your visits. Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your short story! Has it really been two months already? Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time with family, it's the best!!! So glad to hear that Zoe is blooming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the family time and have a great weekend!

    Marilyn @onbecomingawriter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the story. I've never been able to write sci-fi. What age is middle grade?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news about Zoe! Good luck on subbing you story. Maybe you'll like MG and write more. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your story! But yay you got it done! Enjoy your time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you've done a great job.
    Enjoy time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with submitting your story. My fingers are crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news about Zoe! I'm sure you're story is great. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete