Friday, January 20, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things-January 20, 2016



It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain!  Tonja Drecker and I are her co-hosts.

I went and did something silly this week.  I managed to smash my finger, and it's been swollen and painful ever since. I never went to the doctor, so I'm not sure if I broke it or sprained it. The good news is that, while the injured finger is on my right hand, I've still somehow managed to keep writing.  It's made the process a bit slower, but I'm doing it nonetheless.

We had an ice storm this week, so our yard has been turned into a skating rink.  The boys were happy about this because they got two days off of school as a result.  I'm happy because, over the last couple of days, the ice has been slowly melting off.  I'm hoping most of it will be gone before long.

Even with the crazy stuff that happened this week, I got to order something nice that I've been wanting.  I'll post pictures when it comes in.  Yes, I'm keeping it secret because I enjoy creating suspense when I can.  What can I say?  I'm a writer for a reason.

What would you like to celebrate?


10 comments:

  1. Improving social media for my Royme pseudonym. Sorry about your finger Keltner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your finger gets better quickly! It's good that you're still managing to get writing done. Can't wait to see what you've ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Sorry about your finger.

    Ice storms are pretty when they're over and also deadly. Glad the boys had fun.

    Can't wait to see your surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your finger. You're a trooper for continuing to write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks about your finger, but at least you plowed on and kept writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your finger. So the item that you ordered - is it bigger or smaller than a bread box? I'm one who has issues with suspense, although I almost exclusively read mysteries. Found you through the #CTST bloghop. www.dianeweidenbenner.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor thing! I hope your finger gets better soon, and you're a real trouper to keep writing. I can't wait to hear what you got for yourself. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How terrible about your finger! But what an inspiration that you're still writing one handed. Glad your kids enjoyed the days off. And can't wait to hear about your self-gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you got a skating rink instead of a power outage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your finger's okay. Snow and power outage could be dangerous, methinks! Looking forward to your picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete