Tuesday, April 14, 2015

L is for Logorrhea



Today I have another bizarre little poem for you.  I hope you enjoy it!

Today's word: LOGORRHEA

Logorrhea is defined as a pathological inability to stop talking.  Someone with this disorder may or may not sound coherent.  It occurred to me that someone with this problem might become lonely, because people may try to avoid them.  That's how this poem came about.  I also experimented with formatting a little bit.  Hopefully it works.

Logorrhea

Can’t stop talking.
Filling the air with words, flowing so freely.
It scarcely makes any sense.
I have so much to say,
yet nothing at all.
The silence is so full of noise.
My words bring me calm.
Empty chatter is my relaxation.
With noise, I find peace.
If only, if only . . .
someone would stay to listen.



5 comments:

  1. I didn't know this existed. It must be so hard to have this disorder, and like you said, it's probably lonely.

    My latest blogging A to Z challenge post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a hard and frustrating disorder. It is probably lonely. BTW - I have a tiny shout-out for you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you captured it well. That person would struggle to keep friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent poem. Empty chatter is my relaxation - loved that line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That is an excellent word. I love the sound of that.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete